Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tin Transformation!

I did this tutorial for the P K Glitz blog and thought I'd share it here too!!

We've all had something that came in a little tin, mints, buttons, ect., don't throw away those tins, reuse them but make them prettier!! (You can also buy brand new tins online or I've seen them at Michaels) Today I'm using a small round tin.

First gather up your supplies: Glitter, Sticky tape, I'm using 1/4" (both of those items you can get at P K Glitz!) =:O). Tin, scrapbook paper, ribbon and small embellishment.

Run the sticky tape along the outside rim of the top lid going all the way around and peel away the protective layer.

Glitter up the sticky tape by pouring generous amounts of glitter on it. Brush off any excess glitter to save.

Next you'll want to cut a piece of scrapbook paper to fit the bottom side of the tin and run all the way around. Apply it to the tin using the sticky tape.

Now you're almost done! Fill the tin with a little treat (I used M&M's) or somethin' somethin' and tie a pretty ribbon around it. Add a little embellishment on top, I used my vintage dictionary buttons found here but you can use a tag, a flower, whatever suits you and viola...an adorable little treat tin, perfect for a million reasons!!

Here is another view!

Fun Huh?! I would love to see any tins you decorate!!!!
The Kids are going to be tie-dying some shirts today and hopefully we will then head off to the park for some swinging....Hope your day is fabulous!!
Hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen, this is so great. Looks like lots of fun, I hope I'll have time to try this out! I love it! ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful idea Colleen. I alter tins all the time but have never thought of putting glitter on them. Might be giving that a try very soon.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! Beautiful tranformation!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB tin. I've landed here from Inspirational. I just love your tutorial. Can't wait to have a go! Thanks for sharing. You have a lovely blog too. Have a great day. Gez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your tin, the colors are so fun! I hopped over from The Two Savvy Sisters Blog and am so happy that I did. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and I hope you’ll do the same.
    Nicole @ The Two Savvy Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and asking to please place on my blog ?
    Brooke Thetincat

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I said on the tutorial blog this is totally brilliant! love it Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You So Much for Taking the Time to Leave Me a Comment!!! I appreciate them!! Have a Happy Kind of Day!! Colleen

Related Posts with Thumbnails